Wednesday, March 14, 2012

For God Loves a Cheerful Giver

This is a portion of a message I received today from Rachel Harborth of the Adullam House:

I was going to ask also if you had any help yet with finding bikes? I thought about it today and asked my own girls (who got new bikes for Christmas) if they would give them up for a month to let the Ukrainian children use them while they are here. Then my girls mentioned it to some of the kids at AH and they all were asking me today ...'can I give my bike up for a month too?' I really thought this was awesome because they all use their bikes a lot and they were wanting to give something of their own instead of only asking others to help them give. We would love to do this if you still have the need! They all have nice bikes, and I told them that they might get broken or scratched if they are used a lot in those 4 weeks, and that they could lend their bike if they wanted to but didn't have to ...but they all were 100% for it.


I bow my knee to the Father of the fatherless both in Ukraine and Wetumpka, Alabama and I pray:  Lord,  I thank you for these little ones who so cheerfully give.  Bless them for their love and generosity toward other children they do not even know.  You love a cheerful giver. Now, may You,  who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food,  supply and multiply these children's seed for sowing and increase the harvest of their righteousness;  may they be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through them is producing thanksgiving to God.  In Jesus' name,  Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment