Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Harvest time is here.


I face moments every year where I wonder if I can do this again next year.  It’s usually after hosting.  When I am tired.  Or discouraged. Or wallowing in self-pity because something did not go as planned.  This year, when the moment came, my sweet daughter was there to shake me back into reality.  “What?!” she exclaimed.  “Every year, kids you host are adopted!  Every year God brings new people to help you!  You can’t quit!”  And I don’t.   Because, you see, my daughter is right.  I can’t quit.  There is too much at stake.   Now more than ever.  The war in Ukraine brings an urgency to the mission of Grace to Ukraine that must supercede my fragile emotions.  God knew I would face these feelings.  And so He gave me Galatians 6:9:  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  And then, just for good measure, He made sure I saw this video from our friends, the Evans.  They got involved with GtU for the first time this summer. They looked an orphan in the eyes; hugged him; opened their homes and hearts to him.  And their lives will never be the same.  I am not giving up.  Harvest time is here. 





Go here to read more of April and Scott's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment